When you book Techno Dads for your event, here’s what we need from you.
- One dirty 4 way adapter. Must have beer stains.
- 2x questionable Technics turntables that nobody has used for ages because everyone uses CDs now.
- Mixer – 2 working channels. Crackly crossfader, with only the metal prong sticking up as it has lost its knob. We’ll make our own knob with insulating tape.
- Microphone. Microphone is essential. At least 80% of our set these days is announcements that the buffet is now open, please make your way to the foyer.
- DJ booth – must have somewhere to put beer.
- Booth monitor – the kind of nasty little cast-off speaker that really cuts through our tinnitus.
- Bosch PSR 7.2v Cordless Lithium Ion Drill Driver with Internal Lithium Ion Battery. In case we run out of gaffer tape.
- PA: Needs bass, we do like bass.
- And some top end.
- Mid frequencies are good too.
- A nun. We like the feeling of a nun.
- Meat. Dads love meat. Any meat.
- Beer. A nice hoppy pale ale. Plenty of it.
- Accomodation: It is NOT FUNNY to put a bottle of amyl nitrate under our nose while we are sleeping on your couch.
That’s it. Not too demanding really.